Saturday, July 31, 2021

Rainy Day Music, The Jayhawks

Rainy Day Music, The Jayhawks, 2003, :50

★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is the most boring alt-country album I have ever heard.  I nearly fell asleep listening to this in the car.  I like muscular music.  This music is a brain and nervous system lying on a cold dissecting table.  I nearly spasmed my own muscles cringing from the nerveless, watery songs "Will I See You In Heaven" and "You Look So Young."  Favorite tracks: I guess "Save It For a Rainy Day," and "Fools On Parade," which was not included on the original album (doubtless because they never got around to taking out all the catchiness and power from the song) but is on Spotify as a bonus track.

Apart From the Crowd, Great Buildings

Apart From the Crowd , Great Buildings, 1981, :40 ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Solid jangle-pop from a now largely-forgotten group featuring two guys who went ...