Saturday, November 21, 2020

Thank You Happy Birthday, Cage the Elephant

Currently doing one album for each year, 1960-2020. Today: 2011. 

Thank You Happy Birthday, Cage the Elephant, 2011, :48

★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Indie rock, heavily influenced by the Pixies and post-punk.  Shrieking, yelping vocals, heavy guitar riffs, driving beats.  I would say that this is almost a four star album.  However, the straight hardcore noise of tracks such as "Sabertooth Tiger" and "Indy Kids" not my cup of tea. However, the parts I like, I enjoy a great deal. Not highly original, but extremely effective.  Favorite tracks: "Right Before My Eyes," "Flow," "2024."

Apart From the Crowd, Great Buildings

Apart From the Crowd , Great Buildings, 1981, :40 ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ Solid jangle-pop from a now largely-forgotten group featuring two guys who went ...